[Ag-eq] Greenhouses

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sat Jul 16 03:06:22 UTC 2016

There is a zipped panel in front so that you have access to the plants, but if this flap is closed,
there is no ventilation in the house and ventilation is very important.
As warm/hot air is lighter than cold, and the house is about 5 and a half feet high, the amount of
cold air that would come in through the ventilation holes would be minimal.
I may even cut the top of the plastic right off and replace it with some very fine zinc mesh,  the
type that was used in meat safes before the invention of refrigerators and glue it to the plastic.
Unless you have placed your greenhouse in deep shade, the air trapped inside would not be just
*warm, it would be boiling hot, and, too much heat is worse than a little cool,  unless you are
growing plants designed by nature to exist in the desert, and even there, the nights can be very
cold.

         Jewel