[Ag-eq] Garden

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Apr 22 13:51:53 UTC 2017

My apple tree is in bloom!  It's very beautiful, and smells great.  The bees
are enjoying it, too.  This is its year for a big crop.  I'm already
thinking about how I can use or preserve all those apples.

I gave in to temptation and bought some asparagus plants.  I tried asparagus
before, but it died before I got any harvest.  But I like asparagus, and
it's a pretty, ferny plant, so I'm trying again.

The rhubarb is looking good.  I should have divided it last fall, but I
didn't.  Looks OK, though.

The raspberries and blueberries are looking good.

My lettuce and spinach seeds are not sprouting at all.  I bought fresh seed,
too.  It's supposed to be rainy for the next few days, so maybe I'll try
again.

That's the story from Jersey, the Garden State.