[Ag-eq] The latest

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed Jul 12 04:23:01 UTC 2017

Last night, in the weather forecast, we were  warned of an antarctic blast roaring up whence
antarctic blast originate.  We were told to be prepared for heavy snowfalls and I don't know what
else.  At the time we were being warned of what would happen overnight, I understand that the South
Island was shaken by a couple of earthquakes, not that I felt even the slightest quiver.

This morning, as I had no vet to get up for, I arose at the, unusually early hour, that is, unusally
early for me, of 9Am when Guideon popped out of his bedbox announcing that he was ready for whatever
the day held:  was he going to be surprised!!
The normal state of things is that I open the back door for him and he goes out into the yard and
attends to his own bursting bladder and other things that I would rather not think about, and then
having done this, he returns and barks at the door asking to be allowed back in.  This is, normally,
about 10/15 minutes later, but not this morning.
I opened the door for him and he went out, but, immediately returned to bark at the door.  He said,
or I think that he may have done that something strange had happened to the ground overnight.
This dreadful thing that had happened to the ground was that there was about an inch:  yes!  a whole
inch of snow there!
An inch of snow!  after that warning about an antarctic blast and heavy snowfalls!  what a storm in
a teacup!
However, the management of winter ski resorts such as Queenstown were dancing the dance of joy when
they were told to expect a fall of half a metre or so.  Let us hope that they got what they wanted!