[Ag-eq] Sheep

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sun Aug 6 05:20:02 UTC 2017

    I was not sure if any of my ewes were in lamb, but I now find that they * are, and in the case
of one, * was!
Among the hoggets that I sold in April, there were 3 rams, but I did not know if they had had any
reason to be interested in  the ewes before they went to the saleyards.  Apparently, they had as a
set of twins was born last night, August 5th, Saturday afternoon for South Africa 2AM Sunday for
your present correspondent, when the Canterbury Crusaders beat the South African Lions in a rather
tame victory.  That little digression was for all of you who are interested in the New
Zealand/Australia/South African super rugbny series and I know that there must be a whole heap of
you who are that!  [HAA HAA HMM!!]
Now back to the much more mundane topic of sheepIf one ewe was in lamb, the chances are that the
rest will be too.
The ewe who injured one rear leg and hoof when she  tried to hurdle the fence is still alive and,
perhaps not in the pique of prime good health, but is not too bad, although with that hoof, she will
never win The Hoof Queen championship!.