[Ag-eq] fw: goatsplus] Re:hello

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Sun Dec 31 02:18:31 UTC 2017

PorterHouse!  How can you be so unfeeling Becky?  It is to be hoped that you will decide, when judgment day comes, that * Buttercup will be much too tough!
I came in from the garden a couple of days ago:  remember that I live in New Zealand, so, according to the Southern Hemisphere seasonal calendar, we have just crossed the border from spring to summer: and found that 2K, my 18-year-old cat had hurled one of my computer speakers to the floor, and it had sustained some major internal injuries.
Now, 2K has been walking around on my computer desk for years and has never, as little as  nocked a speaker over, let alone to the floor;  was she telling me something?  such as, in her, indisputable opinion, I spenht way to much time in front of this box of chips, with, perchance, the occasional fish or two in there as well?
Anyway, she could, scarcely, have chosen a more inconvenient time of the year to get it going again, but when has a cat ever been bothered about the convenience of the staff?   !
I did find a store that had speakers of the same make, but of a more recent vintage than the dinosaurs I took in as an example of what I needed.
I got them home and then found that there seemed to be no power cord with them.
I, eventually, found it but it was separate from the speaker box and was just in a little plastic bag in my shopping trolley.
I suspect that the power cord is sold separately as many computer users would, already have acord of this type at home;  therefore, would not need another one, so if they didn't and did, they could buy it!
I got the speakers and power cord lined up and ready for action, but still no speech came forth.
I knew that the speakers were alive as, if I disconnected them from the CPU and touched the point of the jack on anything, I could hear it coming through them , so there was still something amiss.
this was, as I discovered, that, 2K, thinking that, merely, killing the speaker may not have been enough, had stepped on the microphone key on the keyboard, thus turning it off!
As you see, I have foiled her for the present, but I mustn't let this minor victory go to my head!

        Jewel