[Ag-eq] Philly Flower Show

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Feb 27 19:13:53 UTC 2018

My husband and I are headed down to the Philadelphia Flower Show next
weekend.  We've been before, though not for a while.  It's really big and
really crowded, but worth the effort.  There's one huge hall full of
exhibits, and another full of vendors.  The vendors sell everything from
jewelry to tools to plants.  The exhibits are on a theme, which this year is
the wonder of water.  It's supposed to be like walking along a trail in a
rain forest, coming upon various scenes.  When we went before, I could touch
some things, though sometimes someone would yell at me because their exhibit
was about to be judged and they thought I would destroy it.  So I have to be
sneaky.

We thought some sighted friends might join us, but now they're not sure what
they're doing the day we're going.  But we've managed before.  I just got
the Be My Eyes app, which could be helpful, though I'm not sure I'll be able
to hear anything on the phone over all the crowd noise.

Before, I attended some interesting lectures at the show, but either they
don't do that anymore or they're keeping it a deep dark secret.  But I'll
ask when we get there.

Anyway, it will probably be a bit stressful, but very interesting.