[Ag-eq] Philly Flower Show

dogwood farm dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 20:20:08 UTC 2018

Tracy,

I have only been to one flower show here in Richmond, years ago.  I
and two other blind persons were the judges in a rose class for the
most fragrent rose.  Thank heavens there was only 44 roses.  I love
roses, however, if I had to sniff one more rose, roses would have been
my most least favorite flower.  One of the persons judgeing with me
was a male and the two of us were part of a group called "The Talking
Gardens of Richmond".  We taught gardening to blind and physically
handicapped adults via our local community college.  The Telephone
Pioniers helped us build raised bed planters and built the cutest bird
houses that set on the end of each rectangular bed.  You pressed down
the little front perch and a recorded message would tell you what was
in each bed.

Susan
dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com