[Ag-eq] Oysters

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Aug 15 13:10:02 UTC 2018

Also in Ireland, we passed by an oyster farm.  Our guide told us they are
big floating cylinders with ropes hanging down, just like Jewel told us
about in NZ.  I wish I could try oyster farming.  It seems fairly easy,
though farming hardly ever is easy.  But I don't anticipate living near the
ocean, not in the States, at least.

Also about oysters, a group is releasing more than a million oysterlings
into a bay here in NJ to help clean the water and provide habitat for other
creatures, I guess like an oyster reef or something.  Pretty neat.