[Ag-eq] Notes From The BlanchRanch

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Mon Nov 26 00:17:40 UTC 2018

My sheep have proved to be a deep money sinkhole this year.
2018 sheep :expenditure:
 First I had the jumping sheep that got herself caught up in a fence.  I had the vet come over
several times to treat her, but he did very little good and, eventually, I sold her for a pittance
for meat:  exp:  500$;
then another sheep injured her self.  More vet treatment, but, this time, she, recovered, although
it was touch and go for a time;
exp:  190$;
Shearing of 13 ewes:
exp:   200$.
Income:  from sale of wool:  102$.
No ram=no lambs=no income.
It doesn't take the expertise of a qualified accountant to work out that, for The BlanchRanch, 2018
has been, in the ovine business,  a financial disaster.