[Ag-eq] Notes from the BlanchRanch

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Wed Nov 28 00:14:39 UTC 2018

For several years now, in the Spring, i have been befriended, or so it seems, by a free-living
blackbird.  I don't know what the expected lifespan of a blackbird is, so it may well be the same
bird, but I am inclined to think that it may be a succession of blackbirds, one being the chief son
of the previous year's friend.
This year's friend, suddenly, vanished 2 days ago, on Nov26, but I hear that there is a very junior
birdling, whether a blackbird or not I haven't any idea, and being a birdling, it has not developed
its father's beautiful song so I cannot identify it by that, but I am aware of this junior birdling
perching in the same tree as this year's blackbird from where it can watch my backdoor and making
constant sounds of chirping when it sees me.
Going back to having been befriended, seemingly, by "Blackie!  You gorgeous Boy!" he follows me
around the property as I go about my:  I wrote * daily, but nightly fits as well:   chores, perching
in the nearest tree:  I have invited him to perch on my shoulder, but he hasn't quite found the
nerve for that, and sings and sings and sings his beautiful song.  Being aware that I am nought but
a lowly female, he doesn't expect me to reply in the same vein, or, I hope, that he doesn't, for if
he does, I am sorry to say that, to date,  I have been a great disappointment to him!