[Ag-eq] further to: "Chicken Sexing"

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Tue Jan 8 04:49:55 UTC 2019

To continue with this fascinating subject, I said that there could be no guarantee that eggs laid by
free range hens had not been Fertilised by roaming roosters who had escaped from, perhaps and more
likely, family chook owners.
To make this test, I believe  that there is a process called "candling" where the belt on which  the
eggs are lying passes under a light, and if the light detects the presence of a blood spot,
indicating that a rooster has had his wicked way with Chicken Licken or Mrs Henrietta Eggworthy, it,
said egg,  is removed:  post haste:  from the belt!