[Ag-eq] Challenge

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Apr 28 19:47:13 UTC 2019

I'm a member of the NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division.  Our leader likes
to regularly challenge us to get out of a comfort zone and try something
new, or something we've always wanted to do but didn't.

For the latest challenge, I chose to try to have something from my garden as
part of a meal at least once a week.  Often, I just nibble out in the
garden, and it never makes it inside.

I'm doing well, so far.  I've picked enough greens for my husband and me to
have some salad twice last week, and I cooked some dried beans that have
been waiting for me since fall.

I'm real excited about this challenge.  I want to be able to feed us some
with stuff I've grown, instead of just messing about.

The apple tree is covered in blossoms this year.  Once those guys roll in,
the challenge will be to think of 60 things to do with fresh apples.