[Ag-eq] The weather

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Thu Jun 13 00:54:22 UTC 2019

From: 'Jewel' jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz [blindlikeme]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:48 PM
To: blindlikeme at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BlindLikeMe] The weather

I shouldn't be saying this as the continent of Antarctica, a not too distant neighbour, is melting
at an alarming rate, but if, what we, in Southland, used to regard as being winter, if this, and
when I come to think of it, last as well, is an example of global warming/climate change, I say:
"Roll it out: man! give me more of it!"
Here it is, June 13th, and Southland, well, Gore at least, hasn't had anything, remotely, resembling
a frost!
The * rubbish calendar that the met office observes, say that June 21st is the shortest day of the
year: well! they have that right" but then they go on to say that it is the first day of winter;
BOLLOX! If June 21st is the shortest day, given the natural polar tilt of the Earth, by June 22nd,
we: at least, the Southern hemisphere is, with each daily revolution, spinning closer to the sun,
so June 21st is the * last day of winter and June 22nd, the first day of spring!
My trees, if they were to be asked would, I am sure agree! Their spring leaf buds can, scarcely,
contain their swollen selves, and as soon as the town clock: that is, if Gore still has one:
registers 12:01Am on June 22nd, they will begin to strain at their bonds!

Jewel

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Jewel" <jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz>

e-mail commands. to go no mail enter, and hit send on the following links.
blindlikeme-nomail at yahoogroups.com
To return,
blindlikeme-normal at yahoogroups.com
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Like Me list just send a blank message to:
blindlikeme-help at yahoogroups.com
Visit Your Group
 . Privacy . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use

 .