[AG-EQ] Dragonflies and mosquitoes

dogwood farm dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:45:40 UTC 2020

Jewel,

Mosquitoes here in the States are  out during the day, sometimes not
quite as prevalent  as during the night.  Some areas of the country
have such density of mosquitoes that locals will tell you they are as
big as hummingbirds.  Dragonflies and damselflies, which look like
smaller dragonflies with slimmer bodies, are really active around
ponds where they can feast on newly emerging mosquitoes.  There are
some dragonflies that are active during the night.  They are suppose
to be one of the fastest flying insects and are ruthless hunters.

Whe always have an abundance of dragonflies and damselflies in really
interesting jewel colors, bright green, blue, black, bronze and some
that have two different colors.  They will sometimes land on your hat
and use that as an observation platform while they look for insects,
then off they fly.

Susan
dogwoodfarm62 at gmail.com