[AG-EQ] Rhubarb

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 15 16:46:54 UTC 2020

Anyone else harvesting rhubarb?  I choose the stems that feel smooth near
the base, not rough.  I think they're the ones that are ready to go.  I take
some from the flower stalk, if they feel smooth near the base, but not too
many.  I'm not sure if those are as good, though they might be.  I try to
cut off the flower stalks, but sometimes I just cut off the flowers instead.
And sometimes one sneaks by me and flowers.

Anyway, if anyone else is growing rhubarb, I'd be interested in your harvest
techniques.