[Akron-Talk] Email or Akron-Talk

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:04:29 UTC 2018

Hi, and thanks Kiana. The Facebook info was just fyi, anybody who wants to use it more. I don't think we need a facebook page for the chapter at this point. Some larger chapters have one. I don't use facebook a lot, but I know some who do, and when my friend showed me Facebook has an accessibility page, it looked like a good thing to share.

As far as emails, I try to send as few as possible, and now that the Akron-Talk is set up, that's what I'll use to share something with the entire chapter. If you see it's from one of us VIA Akron Talk, you know it was something the entire chapter got, and something you can comment on if you wish, or reply to it to comment. Subject lines tell me a lot.

If you want to share something with the whole chapter, use Akron-Talk at nfbnet.org.

If you want to send an email to one person, or two, use his or her email address, and not Akron-Talk.

I know what you mean about being slammed with emails, but I don't think anybody needs to create a new email address. I'm not going to. We can already categorize emails we get, folders for those we want to keep or just delete.

Ha-ha, now having said all that, I will be creating a new address for the chapter, like other chapters have. Not to use with our members--we already have each other's email address and Akron-Talk for that. But JUST for when we start doing outreach and people may want to email us, to ask for info or when we meet or whatever, so we don't have to give our personal address to strangers all the time. A chapter email address like NFBAkron will also help promote our group. That's coming, don't worry about it, for now we'll all limit emails as much as possible while also making sure to share important things.

Great first Board Meeting last night, Richard even texted me how impressed he was with everyone's input and participation.

Dave