[Akron-Talk] agenda for October 19

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:17:43 UTC 2019

Greater Akron Chapter
Agenda for October 19, 2019
11:00 at Akron Main Library Room 1

Roll Call

October Birthdays

Our Message
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back

President's Remarks

Reports

Secretary
Minutes from September 21
Minutes from August 18
Minutes from Fundraising Conference Call September 11

Treasurer  Report

Committee Reports

Publicity and Social Media-Dave
Facebook up to 53 Likes

Newsline-Pat
12 active users

Veterans-Ken

Outreach-Andra

State Convention-Pat and Andra
please bring any items for the BBQ basket and any questions you have regarding last minute planning

Events-Colleen
Our December meeting

Fundraising-Dave
Recap our October 3 event at Beef O'Bradys

Membership-Stephanie
Jamie and Curt Smith

Pledge
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its Constitution.

Presentation-Jennifer and Sarah from OOD

Other Business

Dates
November 1-3 State Convention in Columbus
November 16 Meeting at Library Room 1
December 14 Holiday Meeting
January 18 Meeting at Library
February 10 Washington Seminar