[Akron-Talk] minutes of September 11 Fundraising Call

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:27:01 UTC 2019

Note to all committee chairs: we keep minutes of committee meetings because this is where we often make a motion and vote to spend money, and that needs to be documented as we are doing here.

Fundraising Call
September 11 2019

Beef O'Brady is October 3. We will receive 20 percent of the combined bills of customers who bring in our flier, either a hard copy of on their phone.

We discussed the Basket for Convention-we have a Signup Sheet for items

We mentioned the Cleveland Popcorn Fundraiser...maybe there is a specialty shop we can partner with, we could get a cut of gidt cards? Maybe something for a spring event.

And the letters I sent asking for donations. So far we have received a $25 check, a catering discount if we ever need a caterer, a Dentist's teeth whitening kit, and 3 bowling vouchers each good for six bowlers, shoes and pizza. (Since this call/ meeting we also received a check of $100 from a realtor friend.)

We have some fliers or letters, if you have someone in mind, give them a card with this letter. Sams Club, Target,

We talked about the quotes we got for our Event  Materials, including 500 wristbands for $225 (45 cents each) and a 4 X 5 table cover with our logo for $60. The total is $285.

Dave asked for a motion and Pat made the motion to spend the money on these items. Colleen seconded and the vote was unanimous to do this.

Next committee meeting will be Tuesday October 1 to prepare for the October 3 event.