[Arizona-students] ASU Student

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Tue Apr 2 15:20:01 UTC 2013

My name is Suzanneand I recently returned to school to finish my BS in
Computer Science after being out of school for over 15 years. I have been
legally blind since birth and I am looking to connect with other blind
students. I started at ASU in January.

When I last went to school they never did group quizzes. How do you handle
those?  I find no matter how many times I say I am legally blind or
visually imapired and ask if things are described or written bigger they
just don't seem to get it. I have only had 2 group quizzes so far. One I
chose to just do by myself. The other I kinda of worked with others but
mostly just to verify my work.

Now that I am 49 my reading vision with karge print seems to be worse and I
use more magnification of ebooks and CCTV but I find that I seem to take
much more time than I did when I was previously in school.

I would also like to talk with others about how to handle career fairs and
other things like that.

Does the AZ student group hold meetings?

Suzanne