[Art_beyond_sight_educators] any ideas?

Lisa Yayla Lisa.Yayla at statped.no
Tue Dec 8 09:19:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

Yesterday I was handed a box of, what I think, is water pipe insulation material. Ah the possibilities I thought.
It is a gray spongy tube about 1 1\2 inches in circumference and has narrow channel going through out its length.
I threaded a bit with steel wire and got a nice bendable line.  One could make large drawings with it perhaps with or without the wire.
I put a bit of Velcro on the foam tube (without wire)  and seems to hold well. Perhaps could be used for quick model making?
This is definitely nothing for a small child that chews on things.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this material?

Thanks,

Lisa

-Scanned by Exchange Hosted Services-