[Art_beyond_sight_educators] APH Art Competition and photography links

Lisa Yayla fnugg at online.no
Fri Mar 5 11:13:10 UTC 2010

Found great links on BlindPhotographers.com
http://blog.blindphotographers.org/the-blind-buzz-on-photography/

A Sense of Sight
A look at how John Dugdale, a blind photographer, shot the ad campaign
for the Broadway revival of "The Miracle Worker."
http://video.nytimes.com/video/2010/01/10/arts/1247466445722/a-sense-of-sight.html

article
APH InSights 2010: Visions From the Mind
*Nineteenth Annual Juried Art Competition and Exhibition for Artists Who
Are Visually Impaired or Blind*
Deadlines for Entry: April 1, 2010, for Preschool through High School
and April 15, 2010, for Adults.
*Make Your Dreams Come True: Enter APH InSights 2010!*
The American Printing House for the Blind (APH) invites visually
impaired and blind artists of all ages to submit artwork to APH InSights
2010! This art competition and exhibition is exclusively for blind
artists and draws entries from across the U.S. and around the world.
Please review the rules to find out how you or your students can
participate.

http://www.aph.org/museum/enter_insights.html
article

We had two very special guest lecturers, Academy Award winning producer
Corinne Marrinan and blind photographer Bruce Hall.

Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Light-The-Art-of-Blind-Photographers/119067247565

http://annenbergspaceforphotography.net/blog/?p=804

Pete Eckert
http://www.peteeckert.com/
links
Henry Butler
http://www.henrybutler.com/
NPR interview
interview - How does a blind man practice photography? Henery Butler
discusses his hobby
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91017433

discussion -
I want to drastically improve my photography.

http://ask.metafilter.com/145593/I-want-to-drastically-improve-my-photography

Blinkie Photography <http://blinkiephotography.blogspot.com/>
http://blinkiephotography.blogspot.com/2010/01/nikon-audio.html