[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] "City of God's Son: Cinema for the Blind" by Kenzo Digital

Lisa Yayla fnugg at online.no
Wed Jul 22 13:21:46 UTC 2009

This looks great. Film by Kenzo Digital, free download under Creative
Commons license at http://www.cityofgodson.com/
interview link and trailer link follow.
Regards,
Lisa

excerpt
Kenzo Digital is New York-based multi-talented creator that works in
video, audio, and mixed media to create both artistic works and
commercial products. Aesthetically informed by early 90s hip-hop, his
latest and most well-publicized work, City of God’s Son, is a
CC-licensed “opera for the blind.” The project finds Kenzo sampling and
remixing numerous sources to create a vivid sound-scape that invokes
imagery and a cinematic narrative through audio.

Today, in conjunction with our interview, Kenzo is releasing the most
recent addition to COGS titled City of God’s Son: Cinema for the Blind.
The piece features interviews with blind musicians on “sight through
sound, synesthesia” and the film itself, crafting a fascinating
perspective on how our senses work in conjunction with (or without) one
another. You can watch the piece, which is released under a CC
Attribution-NonCommercial license, in HD at YouTube – check out a still
of the video below:

about "City of God's Son: Cinema for the Blind" by Kenzo Digital
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGMz4DVjRto

trailer Preview of City of God's Son -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlSgUCmKPM4&feature=related