[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Blind From Albinism, Photographer Uses Camera for Eyes

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Wed Apr 4 09:12:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

Link to articke plus video on two other stories about Albinism.

Regards,

Lisa

Blind From Albinism, Photographer Uses Camera for Eyes

"Amy Hildebrand
<http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110918/ENT07/109180353/Daily-life-examined-through-lens>
was born blind. Just hours after delivery, her parents were told that
she would never ride a bike, attend regular school or watch movies with
friends.

"The doctors told them, 'She can't do this, and she can't do that.' They
had that sensitive conversation then walked out the door," said
Hildebrand, now 27, with a hint of sarcasm. "Here's your baby."

Today, the Cincinnati native has defied all those predictions. She is an
accomplished visual artist, running a photography business with her
husband, whom she met in a college darkroom.

"I was told I was going to have to go to a blind school and read
Braille, but I still can't read Braille," said the feisty photographer,
who said she can do "pretty much anything."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/legally-blind-cincinnati-woman-successful-photographer/story?id=15989389

Amy Hildebrand's
http://withlittlesound.blogspot.com/
http://www.letsget2gether.com/p/happiest-bride-on-block.html