[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] successful photographer

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Wed Apr 4 09:18:15 UTC 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120777/Meet-family-4-Albino-children-including-blind-daughter-whos-successful-photographer.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

extract

But the now 27-year-old defied all pessimistic predictions by doing all
that and more. Amy Hildebrand is now married with two children - neither
of whom have albinism - and is a successful photographer.

Speaking to ABC she said: 'I was told I was going to have to go to a
blind school and read Braille, but I still can't read Braille,' adding
that she can do 'pretty much anything'.

At five-months-old, Amy became one of the youngest ever to receive
contact lenses, which were painted with an artificial pupil to help her
eyes with light sensitivity. Three months later she was able to identify
shadows and shapes.

Articles were written about her in journals as the medical world
marveled at the legally blind Albino child who was now beginning to see.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120777/Meet-family-4-Albino-children-including-blind-daughter-whos-successful-photographer.html#ixzz1r3sSVWuo