[Artbeyondsightmuseums] Food for Thought: ThoughtsonInteractive Exhibits

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Fri Apr 18 12:28:25 UTC 2014

Hi Tina and everyone,
For all of you who come to Washington D.C. for the Washington Seminar,
there is one or more places where you can see some models of buildings.
The Smithsonian Institution Building, also known as Castle has a tactile
map of the National Mall with models of all the buildings. The map has
Braille for you to feel. The docent at the castle have two tours on
Sundays. Come and learn all about it.
Another place in D.C. is the National Building Museum, where they scale
models of all the famous buildings in the nation's capital.
The Capital visitor center also has a model of the U.S. Capital building
which is touchable.
One time a professor told me to see art object one can go to the museum
shop and feel or touch replicas of the art objects.
I hope this information is helpful. There are many ideas, we just need
to find them.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.