[Artbeyondsightmuseums] Need Guidance: Good Access to a Painting

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 03:42:58 UTC 2014

I have a painting from a local artist, and I'd like to make it accessible. I'd like to enjoy it myself, and maybe show others how to make the painting accessible.

I met with the artist, since he lives in the area. He gave me verbal descriptions of the painting that I captured with a voice labeler. I'm thinking that there might be ways to make the painting maybe a bit more tactile, since it was painted on paper.

The painting is called Sunlit Waterfall, and it shows a scene of Oregon with forest, a waterfall, and the mountains. The artist gave me a good verbal description, but I thought it would be good to work with tactile elements. I'm thinking that I could place the audio labels on the corners of the original paper, but I'd maybe want to add tactile elements to either the paper or a model. Does anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks.