[Artists-making-art] NFB Dallas Convention plans

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Jan 21 17:34:10 UTC 2012

I have some questions:

I am not really sure what tactile art actually is.  Everything that we can touch is tactile, isn't it? Or is there something more to it? I am not sure what this term really means.

Will our work be insured during the display?

Are you trying to come up with some sort of mission statement here, or are you just brainstorming?

I am interested in being supportive to artists who are blind regardless of the medium they work with, or the intention of the communication and audience.

Some artists work with traditional "crafts" materials, but the outcome is quite a different thing than what the crafter would produce. In my mind, they would  not mix well in a show. What do others think about this? There are "crafts" and then there is  "Craft which is fine art." There IS an enormous difference between the two. How can we not distinguish, when they are very different things?

Just some of my initial thoughts on your survey.

Lynda River Woman