[Blind-Gov] The accessibility of soft phones?

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Wed Jun 14 23:53:52 UTC 2023

Hi all,
I asked around at my federal agency. A number of people have moved to soft phones.
However, the tool we currently using is Microsoft Lync version 2016. Some also call it skype.
However, many blind employees have found soft phone functionality inaccessible when using JAWS.
My agency is planning to move to M365, so MS Teams will replace skype. I find the client version of MS Teams would be accessible in regards to soft phone calls to use, but there are other MS teams functionality I find inaccessible. Especially the web version. The unfortunate part is M365 will not be deployed to my agency's main computer network until late 2024 if not later.

Graham
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Board Member
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Member
LCB graduate, 2016