[Blind-international-students] My Introduction

Hina haltaf at carrollu.edu
Thu Oct 15 19:31:45 UTC 2009

i have a few canes that i am not  using at present and i can send those but
for kids, we may need canes of their size. so if you could request nfb as
they were donating the canes to who ever needed, i think this will not be a
problem.
and thank god, that there are so many resources here to help and braillers
and paper can be arranged by different people  coming forward to help. i am
sure some of us might have a  brailler we are not using and can donate.
unfortunately the sad fact is that there are so many people who only think
of themselves and have so many things like note takers, braillers, braille
and speak and much more that they don't need and since they are not working
or studying that they need it. they can lend to someone who could use it and
return it back but they don't do it and very few kind generous people come
forward to help and it is because of those good people that those less
fortunate like us are surviving. so please help to whoever you can and
aziza, please let me know if i can do anything to help you with those kids.
I myself am working on starting a library in my home country pakistan
because unfortunately there is no library that produce braille books there
and we don't even have text books in braille there.
do you have skype or msn?

hina.