[Blind-international-students] Query

Kartik Sawhney sawhney.kartik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 05:05:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

This is Kartik Sawhney from India. I am currently in grade 10. I want
to pursue Sciences in my higher classes, and then pursue engineering
in Computer Sciences. However, there is very little awareness of blind
students taking up engineering out here in India, and so Indian
Institutes of Technology, which are one of the best institutes in
India and globally too, are quite confused. There are a lot many
problems cropping up. So, I've decided to pursue engineering from a
foreign university. However, one of my friends in US has told me that
the curriculum for Computer Science and Engineering there in
universities like MIT is not suitable for totally blind students.
Hence, is there any one who has successfully completed Computer
Science Engineering, especially a foreigner? How far is the curriculum
suitable for totally blind students?

Anticipating your quick reply,
-Kartik