[Blind-international-students] Education. An essay about education and how it effects our lives today. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Mostafa mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 07:21:46 UTC 2013

Hello.

I hope you all are keeping really well.

Today, I am going to talk about Education.

Education is the gradual operation of acquiring knowledge.

It is the major essence of someone’s upbringing.

Because of education, I learned English and computer, and that what made me eligible to thoroughly communicate with people abroad.

    Education is the mental development which we attain, in order to be recognized in the mainestreamed sector of the society.

Roughly, it is the principal  characteristic by which nations are evaluated and identified in a global superiority contention.

Nations are essentially exulted by how reliable and impressive their system of education is.

Nations worldwide are intensely competing on improving their scholastic acquisition.

How education effects our lives today?

Everyone of us has received, he receives, or he is going to receive some amount of education.

But, do we really use that education in our lives today?

Think about it.

After you have graduated from college or highschool if you are still in college, how much of what you have learned is in use in your contemporary life?

    Not much I suppose.

You have attended numerous classes on various subjects, and they are quite irrelevant to what the practical life demands.

Do you think of this as a problem?

Or it is a conventional situation, and it has to be done so.

Should education be equally available for everyone?

Or it has to be as it is in the United states, for instance, whereas education is equally provided until highschool, and afterwards, you are expected  to get loans to pay for your sophisticated education at the university.

  Why people receive different levels of education in the same country?

Isn’t  a bit unfair, that people of the same country are varying on their educational attainments, due to their financial competency or incompetency.

In Egypt, for instance, there are two main educational levels.

1; The public education.

These are the mainstreamed schools and universities, which are virtually available for everyone, regardless of his social level or financial adequacy.

2; The private education sector.

These are enormously overpriced schools and universities, often devoted to  fit  the patrician level, the aristocratic class of the society.

This is how it works in Egypt.

Consequently, this financial based discrimination availed  of causing the social gap to eminently escalate.

      This brought the broad division amongst Egyptians.

We need to be really honest with ourselves.

I knew that everyone now is  concerned of the constitution referendum that it has just been scheduled on January the fourteenth of the next year.

But, if you wouldn’t mind my humble opinion, whatever the votes result is going to be, it is not more than a political confrontation in between two conflicted parties.

The secular party and their political contestant, the deposed brotherhood chief leaders.

But what is the significant gain of the lay Egyptian?

Nothing really, unless he represents, or he is in affiliation with a political party.

People in Egypt tend to complain about the financial crisis.

The politics will never solve our longstanding financial crisis.

The merely manner to ssolve this in my humble opinion, is throughout paying a substantial attention to our educational reforms.

We desperately demand to reform our education system.

We shouldn’t have written our constitution theoretically.

We should concentrate on reconstructing our society, and the constitution composition has to be a consistent sequence of our democratic experience.

       Education is the intellectual wealth of all nations.

Politics will never be the source of our prosperity.

Education is what we need to construct this country again.

I have been closely following up the political turmoil in the last two years.

I think, that it is timely to commence a revolution of a different approach.

It is a revolutionary reformation of our educational system.

I would like the current minister of education to talk to us in public.

He should spend dozens of hours presenting our educational obstocles, and a bundle of education reformers and experts ought to give several solutions, many alternatives to choose the best of them.

I quite feel discontent, for that we do not give education in Egypt the sufficient attention which it really deserves.

People deprived focusing on reforming our education, whilst it is the most complicated problem we have in Egypt.

I don’t really pay much attention to the current political controversy in Egypt.

  What really interests me, is what should be interesting to all of us.

Why we in Egypt are denigrating this subject?

I hope we had more funding for the mass education system.

The government spends plenty of money on preposterous interests.

They waste much of their financial assets on consumptive goods, whilst education gravely starves in turn.

Perhaps I am exaggerating but, this is how it really looks to me.

  I would like my readers to participate and be involved on this discussion.

Don’t we critically demand further initiatives for significant education reforms?

Why Egypt utterly dismisses the importance of this particular issue?

Shouldn’t we reconsider what to prioritize?

Is politics more  important than education?

Don’t we believe that education is the field of producing more cultured and enlightened generations?

Do you know that in Canada, they perfectly ended the computer illiteracy?

All Canadians are now capable of using the computer as their primary source of retrieving information.

Isn’t that too shameful on us in the heartbeat of the twenty first century?

Nations are rapidly stepping forward, whilst we at the same rate are stepping backward.
This is what I have got for the time being.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for reading.