[Blind-international-students] Taking the GRE

Holly Scott-Gardner holly.lsg at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 14:29:21 UTC 2015

I am planning to apply for a masters degree in special education in the
US, which means taking the GRE.

I am a braille user, however as I live in the UK I do not read nemeth.
Taking this into consideration, what testing accomodations would you
recommend I apply for.

I am somewhat reluctant to apply for a braille paper, as I doubt it can
be produced in british maths braille and nemeth is very different.

Is the GRE test that can be taken on the computer accessible, or should
I apply for a paper test, with a reader to tackle the maths component?

I appreciate any advice you all can give me.

Holly