[Blind-rollers] cooking and carrying things

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Aug 6 16:12:29 UTC 2009

Holly respectful hugs to you.  I know you want to do things on your own.  As
I understand what is going on with you, you may be able to pick up that hot
pot off the stove one day and not the next week.  Some things are just not
worth the cost of severe burns on your legs or your baby's little
personhood.  He needs his momma home with him.  Trust me now I am in this
wheelchair my husband appreciates everything I do.  It makes me feel good,
and he loves to see me happy.  But some things are just not worth me getting
hurt over. Just like if your little guy wants to sit in your lap, he crawls
up on the couch and then on your lap is tons safer than trying to pick him
up off the floor and you possibly tipping over on him.  We have to think
safety first.  How can we get things done but safely.  Heck that is even in
the ADA.  If I worked in a factory and picking up heavy objects was against
doctors orders for my disability.  The company would have to provide someone
to occasionally pick up that heavy object and I go do something for that
person on their part of the job, if possible.  . So you getting the
ingredients together or whatever your part of the cooking job is, then your
sweetie can do the parts it is not safe for you.  We team together at work
and at home.

You tell your honey we miss him in the doggie den.

Becky and my joy wheels