[Blind-rollers] Blind-rollers Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9

Kerry Thompson uinen at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 16 20:30:47 UTC 2009

Carol,

I'm glad you and your daughter have found the Hadley School for the Blind. As you probably know, she can get her high school diploma through Hadley as well as take many other helpful and enjoyable courses. They have a whole slew of courses on blindness and coping with it, including independant living skills. I don't think they have anything specifically geared toward those of us who have physical disabilities as well, nor anything about coping with hearing loss. Still, I know from my own experience that their courses are high quality, taught by caring teachers.

As the parent of a blind student, you also can take Hadley courses, if I understand correctly. For instance, there are braille courses for the blind students and also courses teaching sighted people to read braille. I can't praise Hadley highly enough. My only regret is that I didn't find it years sooner than I did.

Kerry