[Blind-rollers] dealing with job interviews

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Aug 20 03:24:20 UTC 2009

Simply tell them one of your strong interests is ministering to people with
disabilities.  Afterall you are interviewing them also to see if the fit for
ministry is right.  If they are open and welcoming with discriptions of
accessibilities, you will be welcomed and accepted fully.

I would disclose if they are open minded and accessible.  You could call a
center for independent living and ask them to take a look for a client of
theres looking for a good church.  You also may want to talk to the transit
company and get your records over as disabled so you wont have to wait for
certification, if indeed they have a lengthy process.  The CIL will know the
numbers you need for attendant care, again if you need that, housing.  Kind
of a one stop shop CILs are.

Or ask your VR counselor for a referral to the new State and there VR
services.  Some blind do not like dealing with CILs.  I just give them as an
alternative choice to the blindness VR services.  Or you could engage both
for different reasons.

Anyway, if they are not open to persons with disabilities, then we have to
pray that God shakes there hearts.  Or God opens up an even better door.
God is faithful.  We need to trust Him fully.

Ministry is vital.  God truly is the answer for this world today.

Becky and my joy wheels
b.butterfly at comcast.net