[Blind-rollers] Blind Roller in Northern California

AgapeDEW at aol.com AgapeDEW at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 04:53:57 UTC 2009

Laura...I would like something discussed..Do any of you have trouble with
your public transit?  We have a company here that is nonprofit small buses  and
vans that helps the elderly, disabled, and low income get around to their
appointments and store etc.  I have had very bad problem with them  that they
forgot to schedule my appointment or leave me sitting at the doctor  office for
4-5 hours.  Today, they forgot to schedule me for my 4:00pm  appointment and
then said "We will take you but we can't get you home."   They said can you find
a ride home?  I said if I could find a ride...I  wouldn't be using this
service at all.  She said well that is the best we  can do.  I said "can you pick
me up tomorrow morning (Oh, can you imagine  me sitting in empty building when
they ready to lock up saying I have to stay  the night...lol....tv crews would
be there...police lol....remember  lock-ins?).  She said "Let me talk to my
supervisor and we will call you  back."  Well, I get a call that they are
transporting both ways but to be  ready two hours before normal pick up time.  So
off we go to doctors 2 hrs  early and they got us out two hrs early, and the
transit said too bad, your  pickup time is not til later...you will now have to
wait a while.  Hubby  tried to ask how long is awhile..and they said..."a
while...no definite  time."  Hubby said "Well, I am on oxygen (he has serious lung
disease) and  I only have hour left on my oxygen and if we are left here
after building  offices are closed and I run out of oxygen/something happens, I am
going to  sue.  I am not that brave to argue like that...I am more the
negotiator  type but guess what...we only waited 45 min and they had someone here
and that  guy went 75 miles all the way home so that hubby got home before his
oxygen wore  out.  Yes, he went over speed limit.  Anyway...this is not first
time,  a month ago we waited two hours outside for them to come, and they
didn't show  up.  They said that was a nitch in their computer system.  I hate
this...we need a new car so bad because I do have a lift on back of our car but
our car died.  We want a van but of course both of us sick...we can't  afford
one right now.  Anyone have any suggestions how to handle  this?  I really
feel this transit system thinks that their clients are at  their mercy and who
cares if they wait 2-5 hours...they are not working.   But my hubby does not
have the wheelchair and one time there were no benches  where we were waiting.
They wait five minutes and leave if you are not out  front.  I have MS and a
doctor visit wears me out.  Something needs to  be done...I have gone to talk to
the administrator but right after I did, he  left and there is a new
administrator.  The driver has told me many stories  of this same thing happening to
others.  He said it makes him sick but he  is not management.   Think I should
try again?
Deb....aka the sitting/ always waiting/ blind roller lol

In a message dated 3/2/2009 10:40:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,