[Blind-rollers] official

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sun May 10 20:45:07 UTC 2009

Hi all, I had an accident and smashed my ankle requiring a two and a half
hour surgery.  So for the next three months I am non weight baring.  After
the hospital stay of three days, I went to a rehab center to learn how to
transfer from bed to wheelchair, to toilet to wheelchair etc.  well you all
know the drill, smile.  It took one week.  Pretty cool showing the rehab
folks that yes one can very safely get from my room to therapy safely and
independently using a long white cane and a manual wheelchair.  My right
foot propels the chair so my right hand can swing the cane.  I just used my
normal fourty eight inch cane. The cane has a marshmellow roler tip.  I use
constant contact on the floor.

I wil know more after Dr. Z x rays my foot on Friday how healing is going.

Anyway it is great to be home!  Woo Hoo!

Becky and my full partner Jake

database 4063 (20090508) __________

http://www.eset.com