[Blind-rollers] IT Essentials - Module 2.3.4 - Elise and/or Jackie

Jackie McBride abletec at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:11:22 UTC 2010

Melanie:

Likely the jumper is set to master. Usually what occurs is that the
ide hard drive is primary master & the cd is secondary master. If the
cd data cable is directly connected to the motherboard, then that
makes that jumper setting more likely. If not, then it's probably set
to slave. The jumpers may be set to cable select, but this setting
never caught on as readily as might be expected. Not sure why, but
possibly because bios had to support it & most mobo manufacturers
didn't bother incorporating it.

What type of memory module did this computer have?

This must be a very old machine to have an ISA slot for the sound
card--u certain that's right?

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride