[Blind-rollers] traveling for fun

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 03:04:33 UTC 2010

Hi Becky -- good to hear from you --
You sound like you are about at the physical level I was at when I was in
college -- still able to walk, using the wheelchair when it was icy or when
going to unfamiliar places.  I also had a lot more vision then.  Talk about
knocking my confidence to the curb, I had a whole string of nasty fractures
and now I do not walk at all. So it's the chair only.
I definitely do not go to unfamiliar places myself any more.
It's not because I don't want to, I assure you.  I remember at school
walking I would take my cane and go exploring buildings to get a better
picture of campus.  I met a lot of people that way and also learned a lot of
alternat routes, which was important as they were always doing construction
on one part of campus or another.
Well, can't live in the past.
There may be no perfect solution to how to handle things as my mother grows
older.
I think the perfect solution would be to work on as much independence as
possible while she is still up and kicking and then find a roommate that can
stand living with me...not really, I'm just kidding -- I actually think I'm
a pretty good roommate, but my health is unpredictable so that is a concern.
Well, keep on rollin' all!
Hugs.
--le