[Blind-rollers] traveling for fun

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Tue May 11 02:48:50 UTC 2010

If it is somewhere I know I will travel alone in my wheelchair, or on good
days, when I walk,  with Jake my dog guide. Generally I take transit
wherever I go.  The drivers are great to point me in the right direction, or
if I choose they will walk me inside a building.

If it is somewhere I am not familiar, Kevin goes with me. He is the better
traveler.  I also have friends I hang with, smile.  The hearing and sight
loss has really kicked my confidence to the curb.  So I have to make myself
which takes tons of energy.  Like I have to go shopping for new tops.
Hopefully Kevin will come with me, but really I can go alone as I have been
to this mall before on the bus.  I am just chicken and will wait until the
last possible moment then I have no choice but to go, if Kevin does not want
to go.

For out of town trips, I go with sighted help as I can't always get good
directions to ramps, gates, that sort of thing.

Warm hugs,

I am knitting a purple afghan that looks like a quilt.  It is so cool
looking, smile.

Becky and Jake

database 5103 (20100510) __________

http://www.eset.com