[Blind-rollers] New Lists on nfbnet.org

Jackie McBride abletec at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:26:14 UTC 2010

Ok. Deb, u don't give us the bank name, etc. Perhaps if u did, some1
might be able to render some assistance. If they're gonna be that
uncooperative, then I would in fact consider going to another bank. I
bank w/Bank of America, for example, & right atop their page, they
talk about accessible banking, etc. So there are plenty to choose from
if this 1 doesn't want your business.

Section 508 does mandate that government websites be accessible, but
for private ones, there's more loopholes than a button-down shirt lol.
Obviously the settlement between NFB & Target would suggest that the
courts view the intent of the law to be that private sites that offer
goods to the public be accessible as well, & that offers precedent for
banking sites. Whether it's worth pursuing from a legal standpoint is
another matter.

Precisely what difficulties are u having w/the site? Again, perhaps
assistance could be rendered, but w/o account details, etc., it
probably wouldn't be helpful, & I could thoroughly understand that
giving those wouldn't be somethin you'd wanna do lol. Perhaps u could
have some1 tandem in & u could write your email & password in b4 u got
started w/the session so your details would remain confidential.
Obviously it'd have to be some1 u trusted.