[Blind-rollers] update

Paul Wick wickps at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 01:57:25 UTC 2013

Becky,
You could always start a special interest affiliate (as they're known
in ACB) I'm not trying to play traffic cop, but Bibi posts to the list
frequently, and as someone who has found a lot of strength from the
NFB's message for close to 15 years, it just seems like she could use
some involvement with the organized blind movement,

For me as a person with multiple disabilities I found the NFB's
message empowering (even if most blind people are totally ignorant of
other disabilities.) Contrast this to the ACB where there is no
philosophical glue holding the ship together, more of a talking shop
than a vehicle for collective action and mutual support.

I'm curious as to your experiences within ACB?

Best,

Paul