[Blind-rollers] answered prayer/loaner power wheelchair

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 9 01:14:46 UTC 2014

Hi, all,
Subject says it all.
I just received a call from Neu Motion a little while.
Renee the representative informed me that they founr a loaner chair for me to use while mine is in the shop getting repaired.
Although it isn't a Quantum, I still have my independence and Renee told me she'd rather me still have it too.
I'm glad my prayer was answered.
Odie and I did a lot of walking today and I was without my power chair.
He started getting tired out and so did I.
It felt as if my legs were going to give out and the two of us ended up having heat exhaustion for the time we were out.
Odie and I actually both wound up fighting with one another and then our team partnership falls apart completely.
When we both got home, each of us crashed really hard.
When I get the loaner chair on Monday, I'm going to ask the technition if he would take the time to show me how it works, the controls and what all would else I need to know about it.
Thanks goodness Colorado Medicaid is covering all of this as if I didn't have insurance, it would be coming out of my pocket financially, hurting me more as far as expenses.
Lesson I've learned is to never take a power wheelchair for granted as this is something I did, not thinking of what would, could or should happen.
Well... I'm off to 7 11 which is only a couple of blocks from my apartment, so that won't be too bad just doing a short walk.
Bibi and MAR son Odie