[Blind-rollers] I Knew It Was Going To Happen

Charlotte sirius_black at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 15:32:16 UTC 2014

Wow, that is really scary. I load my chair down like that too when I go
to craft shows and always go really slowly. Luckily I'm not outside much
except going to and from the bus. I'm glad you got back safely.
Charlotte

On 8/16/2014 12:58 AM, Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire via
Blind-rollers wrote:
> hi, all,
> Subject says it all.
> Earlier this evening after I woke up from a much long needed rest, I decided I wanted to go to 7 11.
> Boy, I wished I had my regular power chair as I confess I feel more comfortable with that one than the loaner chair.
> I geared up Odie, attached his Kong nylon leash to the left hand side of my loaner chair and we left.
> I haven't attempted to use the chair to go to 7 11 the first time ad I wasn't so sure what would happen.
> So, I walked the two blocks with Odie on the left side and cart on the right.
> Tonight, I figured the need to come out of the comfort zone with the loaner chair and take the plunge.
> I had three tote bags draped over the head rest and my back pack with umbrella in the back pocket of the seat.
> The loaner chair I'm using for the time being is a Jazzy and I'm not sure of the model.
> All I know it has two front motor drive wheels and smaller wheels in the back with a couple tipper wheels on the front.
> The foot plate is flat and large and the chair as a whole doesn't have good stability as it can tip over easily.
> On my way back from 7 11, I had to stop a couple of times to figure out the task of having my white cane in my right hand, a hot cup of coffee and operating a power chair.
> I had the doffee cup sitting between my legs for a few minutes and it was definitely hot, so tried to juggle around some more.
> I definitely made sure the chair was on slow since I had three heavy bags on the back and a back pack.
> Next thing I knew was the back wheel slipped off the curb and my chair tipped over completely on its side.
> Thankfully, Odie nad enough time to get out of the way before it fell.
> I never expected the next part to happen, but apparently, Odie began moving around in a circle, signaling for help.
> Two men and two women immediately ran over to ask if I was okay, get me unsecured from the chair so it could be put back up on all four wheels.
> In the very beginning earlier the first day I had the loaner chair, I was afrai of what would happen to me if I used it.
> Would it tip over and I end up getting hurt?
> Happily, I'm very proud of myself for staying calm, composed and not panicking during the whole situation.
> I asked one of the gentlemen that helped me if my dog alerted them or figured out a way to get someone's attention.
> He let me know that he saw Odie move around in a circle and automatically knew that Odie was signaling for help.
> Needless to say, Odie and I made it home afterward and I gave him a special worker's reward.
> He earned two peanutbutter bones and a couple of milk bones as well. I forgot to mention that after the chair was put back into its correct position, I praised Odie for getting me help as quick as he did.
> He began wiggling and dancing around as he was very happy and proud of himself.
> [...]

Visit my shop for a sampling of handmade jewelry, bath products, and more.
Click here.
HTTP://WWW.ETSY.COM/SHOP/SCENTSGEMSNMORE

If you want the latest updates on what's being posted in my shop, like my Facebook page.
Click Here.
HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/SCENTSGEMSMORE

Do You Bake? It's more than a question, it's a wonderful new company. They feature everything from dip mixes to dessert mixes, bread and breakfast mixes, dinner mixes, ready-made sauces and seasonings, grab and go snacks, and a nice selection of gluten free products and ready-to-bake treats for your pooch! Check out all the yum!
Click here.
www.doyoubake.com/mamaotter

If you're a crafter looking to advertise your wares, or you wish to buy handcrafted products, send a blank email to HandmadeSellNTrade-subscribe at yahoogroups.com