[Blind-rollers] Odie and I

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 15 04:13:59 UTC 2015

Hi, all,
Odie and I are still alive and kicking it.
While my broken foot healed, he stayed with some friends out in Centenial, Colorado as I wasn't able to do a whole lot of walking or get him out to stick with his relieving schedule.
I have him with me for temporary so I can take him to get his nails clipped and heartworm test.
Now as for my experience having to be completely wheelchair mobile, I have my fun times and challenges.
Still, I'm glad I was able to learn how others feel who have lost their legs either in accidents, diabeties infections or during their time in the service.
Although I long to have my full independence back, I understand it won't happen right away.
I have used both wheelchairs: power and manual.
When doing the manual wheelchair, I'd keep my bad foot on one of the foot platforms while pushing the wheels with my hands and also planting my right foot on the floor to help keep me going straight.
I will also be learning how to walk with the use of crutches in the hopes this time I don't destroy my fourth cast, although it will be removed for X-ray next week anyway.
Although it's been over a month since my accident, I still am given time to appreciate doing things both ways.
I will do my bowling with the blind bowlers league again this season, even if I have ti sit in a manual wheelchair, have my bowling ball placed on a ramp and just gently roll it off the ball slide.
Although I'm sure some people will think I'm crazy, I figure I still have to try in order to survive as I'll be thirty-seven later on in a few months.
I'm still yung at heart and know I must keep going and sty on the positive side.
Odie and I have a few things to work on while he was out of service for a while: keeping him next to me and telling him not to jump out in front of my chair as well as reminding him to mind his manners.
I will confess it is tough cleanning up after him while being in my chair, but I know we will find a way to make it work for us.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Bibi and MAR son Odie