[Blind-rollers] Introduction

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Aug 15 19:15:01 UTC 2015

Leeann, welcome to the list. I got Jake from the Seeing eye. I walk though.
Seeing Eye will train there grads to work with a guide dog guiding a power
chair. Nearly ten years ago I talked with Paws with  a Cause, director. At
that time they were training dog to guide a wheelchair, but I have no up to
date information. You might want to check with Southeastern, or Leader to
see if they are doing the training with dogs guiding wheelchairs. I have
heard both ways on guide dogs for the Blind. Some say they are training dogs
to guide wheelchairs and some say they don't any longer.

A relieving harness has a way to snap a bag over the area where the dog
poops. When done remove the bag and throw away.

I got on this list trying to find answers like you are like we all are to
have normality in a wheelchair. I fell and smashed my foot. The doctors
weren't sure if I would keep my foot. Like I said I did keep the foot and
now walk. Still, I want to help others like you all helped me.

A shower curtain over your dining room table. There you can mix and prepare
your tastes, hmm. I am coming over. So maybe a cooking station can be more
permanently set up in a back room.

What kind of birds do you have. I love birds. Had many canaries in my day
and a cockatiel.

Becky and fluffy Jake