[Blind-rollers] out of the cast and off the crutches

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 16:42:35 UTC 2015

Good news, Bibi, for me keeping it wrapped during the day with an ace
bandage and taking some sort of mild aspiritn helped ease back even more the
discomfort. A tip is to stand up and ease the weight into the leg. It will
hurt a lot less if you just stop, after you stand, and let the leg take the
weight slowly. Then walk.

Keep the leg elevated when sitting at your computer or watching TV. In the
evening you might want to put some frozen peas on the ankle, if you are
experiencing extra discomfort. This won't last to long a week or two  is
all. The bone is still healin so it is going to be annoyed. After that two
weeks if you do a lot of walking then you will need the ice or peas in the
evening. It might even swell a bit, so keeping it up will prevent much of
the swelling.

Becky