[Blind-Rollers] dreaming a little

maureensmusic at comcast.net maureensmusic at comcast.net
Wed Apr 29 19:27:43 UTC 2020

Hi Becky
> What would be in a custom wheelchair for you? Or what do you have special
on your chair to make your life better?>
Well I mentioned the custom seating, and like Erica I have what they call
the quad link, the joy stick/control box swings out to the right and so it
out of the way of tables and desks.
I have tilt which goes back far enough so I can lay down in my chair which I
do several times a day to prevent but stores.
Also I have attendant control so a sighted people can use the joy stick in
the back of my chair to drive when I can't because of pain, or its too many
people, etc. Those are some of the custom things I have on my chair.
My tires have always been air filled with inner tubes for adding more air,
but last time I tried to get that and they said they do not like to get them
for people any more because of the risk of flat tires. I was reluctant to
get the solid gel tires because I was afraid I'd feel every bump but that's
all I could get and they are fine, not bad at all but my chair has great
shocks and I think if you have that you are good with the solid gel tires.
Maureen