[blindkid] Holiday Decorating Blind

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 8 16:33:11 UTC 2008

I love Frasier trees. This is what my parents get, and we all go as a family
to cut it down the day after Thanksgiving. I have to have an artificial
though, as the apartment complex will not allow real trees. I love to smell
the pine smell of the Frasier and to feel the soft needles. Mom has always
let me help put ornaments on, but she is always giving sighted instructions.
She does not want two of the same color near each other or ornaments too
close together. Someone helps us put up our tree and string the lights.
Then, we do our own ornaments. I would love to put up a tree with other
blind adults to see how they do it completely independently.