[blindkid] Holiday Decorating Blind

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 8 05:09:57 UTC 2008

Hello Carrie and listers,

    You could also try Frasier. Glad there is someone else who enjoys having
real Christmas trees besides us. We bought a 7-foot Frasier Fir tree last
week and finished decorating it yesterday evening before sitting down to
watch "It's a Wonderful Life."

    Frasier Fir Trees remind me of the Balsam Firs we would buy when I lived
in Massachusetts. Both trees have short very tight needles. I like running
my hands through the branches and feeling them brush against my palms. I
often tell Mary that I enjoy, "Petting the t5ree." Perhaps it's a way to
connect with Christmases past in  what I call my "Old Country."

 If you get them as fresh as possible they'll last quite a while. I've heard
of people keeping live Christmas Trees up well in to the new year; even here
in South Texas.

    Our tree is so fresh that we needed to let it set up for two nights
before it was ready to take lights. Mary and I do all of our own Christmas
decorating. Once the tree or decorations arrive here we take over and put
them up ourselves. Parents don't be afraid to involve your blind children in
holiday decorating activities. Mom
encouraged me to assist with putting up the tree when I was very young
around 4 or 5 years old to be exact. Happy decorating and may you all have a
blessed holiday season.

Peter Donahue